OFFICIAL MINUTES OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
1. The Garden Ridge Lions Club Board Meeting was held on February 21, 2021. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, members attended the meeting via GoTo Meeting. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.
The following members were present:
President & Treasurer Bill Foote Lion Hunter Dick Holloway
1st Vice President Mandy Hagy 2 Yr Director Larry Thompson
2nd Vice President Steve Gallets 2 Yr Director & Programs Mark Frye
Treasurer Tara Brown
Secretary Jim Newbold
REPORT Minutes: The minutes of the January20, 2021 Lions Club Board meetings were read; there being no additions or corrections, the minutes were adopted.
REPORT Treasurer’s Admin Report: Review/Discuss Admin financials (02/17/2021 Attached Feb Minutes, 01/19/2021 and 12/16/2020 Attached Jan Minutes), there being no additions or corrections, the Treasurer’s Report was adopted. 02/16/2021 balance is $13,279.54. 02/16/2021 Legacy balance is $19,928.04.
• We received a thank you card from the Davenport HS Social Worker.
Officer Committee Reports
• REPORT Lions Christmas & Valentine’s Day Party: The scheduled party was overcome by COVID-19 concerns.
• ACTION 2021-22 Slate of Officers: A motion was made Dick Holloway to approve a proposed slate of Officers for Lion year 2021-22 (see attached); the motion was seconded and approved. The membership will vote on this proposed slate at a March regular meeting.
• REPORT DG Official Visit: District Governor Gary Fuchs and his wife Lion Susan will visit Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
Adjourn: Bill Foote, President, adjourned the meeting at 7:55 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club
2. A meeting of the Garden Ridge Lions Charities, Inc. was convened with the same officers as indicated above:
REPORT Minutes: The minutes of the January 20, 2021 Lions Club Charities Board meetings were read; there being no additions or corrections, the minutes were adopted.
REPORT Treasurer’s Charities Report: Review/Discuss Charities financials (02/17/2021 Attached Feb Minutes, 01/19/2021 and 12/16/2020 Attached Jan Minutes); a motion was made by Bill Foote and seconded to accept the Treasurer’s Report; the motion was adopted. Our current account balance as of 02/17/2021 is $24,857.24.
• We received a request for donation and a newsletter from Leader Dogs for the blind.
Officer Committee Reports
• REPORT Scholarship Committee: Kerry Ledford, committee chair, has contacted the schools and provided scholarship information. We have 6 $500 scholarships budgeted this year.
• REPORT TLC Workdays: We are scheduled for a Workday at the Texas Lions Camp on Saturday, March 6, 2021.
• REPORT Texas Ice and Snow: Is there a need for support in response to the past week’s freezing temperatures. Emergency response needs were discussed for current and future emergency situations. Bill Foote will research and report his findings back to the Board.
• REPORT Online Auction: The Board has given Mandy Hagy a green light to proceed with an online fundraiser. Mandy will present an outline of this online auction idea either to our next Board Meeting or by e-mail prior to our next Board Meeting.
Adjourn: Bill Foote, President, adjourned the meeting at 8:27 p.m.
Jim Newbold, Secretary, Garden Ridge Lions Club Charities, Inc.